Please check the individual pages for details!
You can see a Complete list of Events here or follow the links on this page to the individual event pages.
Ever wonder who the band or caller was a few weeks ago?
Check the listing of Past Events to find out.
June 14 2013
HOLD THE DATE: Catoctin Weekend - June 14-16, 2013
On-Line ticket Sales are Open.
For further information, please see the Catoctin page
- Wednesday Night Contra and Square Dances Details...
- May 29 2013
Shane Kundsen calls to Run of the Mill String Band -Palmer Loux (fiddle), Greg Loux (guitar), Paul Sidlick (banjo), and Tom Schaffer (bass).
- New Dancer Workshops Details...
- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday
- Family Dance Details...
- Second Saturday Dance Series Details...
- June 08 2013
Perry Shafran calls to the fabulous Baltimore Open Band
- Midwinter Ball Details...
- In Janury. See the Midwinter Ball page for details.
- Monday Night English Country Dances Details...
- May 27 2013
Ann Fallon calling to the Geud Band of Baltimore
- Gentle English Country Dance Series Details...
- “Gentle English" are English country dances from all periods selected to be gentle on the knees, hips, feet, and backs of the dancers. BFMS plans to hold three or four Gentle English dances a year.
- Playford Ball Details...
- In October. See the Playford Ball page for details.
- New Dancer Workshops and Classes Details...
- First Monday of the month
- Fourth at Four StoryFolk Details...
- May 26 2013
Storytelling at Towson Unitarian Universalist Church
- Tellabration! Details...
- A night of storytelling celebrated world-wide on or about the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Guilds and storytelling enthusiasts all around the globe will share their storytelling talents in concerts held in cities and towns to celebrate the art of storytelling. Locally, TELLABRATION!™ brings together each area’s most celebrated storytellers, to delight, captivate, and mesmerize audiences with their tales.
- Friendly Coffeehouse Details...
- The Friendly Coffeehouse Open Mike is a BFMS-sponsored event, taking place on Second Fridays each month at 8 pm. It offers a friendly, supportive atmosphere for acoustic musicians, poets, storytellers and other folkies.
- J. Patrick's All-Stars Details...
- A community of musicians, dancers, and listeners who love the traditional music of Ireland.
- Catoctin Weekend Details...
- The Catoctin music and dance weekend getaway gives dancers and musicians of all ages a chance to attend a family-friendly weekend featuring folk music, crafts and dancing in a beautiful mountain setting.
- BFMS Board Meeting
- BFMS board meetings are almost always on the first Tuesday of the month and are open to BFMS members. If you would like to attend, please contact the BFMS President via email. president at bfms.org
These are events that are:
BFMS asks that the sponsor promote the Baltimore Folk Music Society at member sponsored events.
- Dickey Mill Contra Dance Details...
Temporarily canceled due to illness. To resume some time in the fall.
- BFMS Open Sing
- Calling all traditional singers, acoustic instrument players, and singer/songwriters. Join us for the BFMS Open Sing, where we can share songs in a welcoming and informal setting. Everyone is invited, regardless of skill level. There will be chorus songs, so even if you aren't comfortable singing in front of a crowd, you can sing along with the crowd.
The Open Sings will take place on the second Tuesday of each month, from 7:30-9:30 PM, on the second floor at Bertha’s, 734 S Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21231 (in Fells Point).
Contact Michael at mqpens at gmail.com for information.
- Common Ground on the Hill Concert Series Details...
- Baltimore Concert Series
Presented by Brown Memorial Woodbrook Presbyterian Church
Held Monthly, Firsts Fridays, December - April
6200 North Charles St., Baltimore, Md. 21212
Westminster Concert Series
Held Monthly, Firsts Saturdays, December - April
Carroll Arts Center Theater, 91 West Main St., Westminster, MD 21157
For details, visit www.commongroundonthehill.org
or email commonground at commongroundonthehill.org
or by phone: 410-857-2771
No Events to Display.More member sponsored events
Like to have your Member Sponsored event listed here?
Send the Date, Time, Location, Address, Type of event, Contact Information and Details of the event to events at bfms.org
Please note that Member Sponsored events must meet the criteria outlined above to be listed on this page.
Sign up here to get our weekly E-mail. Stay up to date on all the latest BFMS news.
Join the BFMS Forum. Read and discuss the latest things about BFMS.
Have any ideas, comments or complaints that you would like to convey to the BFMS Board? Just click on the Suggestion Box!
The Baltimore Folk Music Society is funded by an operating grant from the Maryland State Arts Council, an agency dedicated to cultivating a vibrant cultural community where the arts thrive.
See our Events page for a complete listing of events and details.