BFMS Events and Schedules
Please check the individual pages for details!
You can see a Complete list of Events here or follow the links on this page to the individual event pages.
Ever wonder who the band or caller was a few weeks ago?
Check the listing of Past Events to find out.
No events to display
Traditional American Dances
- Wednesday Night Contra and Square Dances Details...
- Wednesday, August 03 2016
Melissa Chatham calls to Emily Aubrey (fiddle), Robin Wilson (flute, concertina, sax) and Janina O'Brien (piano).
- New Dancer Workshops Details...
- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday
- Family Dance Details...
- Second Saturday Dance Series Details...
- Saturday, August 13 2016
Caroline Barnes, calls to Ricochet:
Featuring Rya Martin (piano), Walter Hojka (fiddle) and Brian Hamshar (clarinet).
Workshop for beginners starts at 7:30pm. Bring a snack & bring a friend.
- Midwinter Ball Details...
- In Janury. See the Midwinter Ball page for details.
Traditional English Dances
- Monday Night English Country Dances Details...
- Monday, August 01 2016
Free New Dancer Orientation at 7:45
Sharon McKinley calls to Becky Ross (violin), Steve Epstein (clarinet), and Janina O'Brien (piano)
- Gentle English Country Dance Series Details...
- Gentle English" are English country dances from all periods selected to be gentle on the knees, hips, feet, and backs of the dancers. BFMS plans to hold three or four Gentle English dances a year.
Saturday, September 24 2016
The Caller will be Bob Farrall. The musicians will be Marty Taylor on recorder and concertina,
Brian Cardell on recorder and flute, and Francine Krasowska, piano.
- Playford Ball Details...
- In October. See the Playford Ball page for details.
- New Dancer Workshops and Classes Details...
- First Monday of the month
Other BFMS Events and Activities
- Fourth at Four StoryFolk Details...
- Sunday, August 28 2016
Storytelling at the Pickersgill Retirement Community
- Tellabration! Details...
- A night of storytelling celebrated world-wide on or about the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Guilds and storytelling enthusiasts all around the globe will share their storytelling talents in concerts held in cities and towns to celebrate the art of storytelling. Locally, TELLABRATION! brings together each area’s most celebrated storytellers, to delight, captivate, and mesmerize audiences with their tales.
- Friendly Coffeehouse Details...
- The Friendly Coffeehouse Open Mic is a BFMS-sponsored event, taking place on Second Fridays each month at 8 pm. It offers a friendly, supportive atmosphere for acoustic musicians, poets, storytellers and other folkies.
- J. Patrick's All-Stars Details...
- A community of musicians, dancers, and listeners who love the traditional music of Ireland.
- Catoctin Weekend Details...
- The Catoctin music and dance weekend getaway gives dancers and musicians of all ages a chance to attend a family-friendly weekend featuring folk music, crafts and dancing in a beautiful mountain setting.
- BFMS Board Meeting
- BFMS board meetings are almost always on the first Tuesday of the month and are open to BFMS members. If you would like to attend, please contact the BFMS President via email. president at bfms.org
To list a BFMS Event
Send the Date, Time, Location, Address, Type of event, Contact Information and Details of the event to events at bfms.org