Please check the individual pages for details!
You can see a Complete list of Events here or follow the links on this page to the individual event pages.
Ever wonder who the band or caller was a few weeks ago?
Check the listing of Past Events to find out.
January 31 2015
Midwinter Ball 2015
Save the Date!
Dancing to Giant Robot Dance from 7:30 - 11:30 with Dana Parkinson calling
Location: Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 3800 North Charles St, Baltimore, MD 21218
- Wednesday Night Contra and Square Dances Details...
- December 24 2014
Christmas Eve - no dance tonight.
- New Dancer Workshops Details...
- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday
- Family Dance Details...
- March 14 2015
Band: Devine Comedy with John Devine (Guitar), Marty Taylor (Whistles and Concertina), Steve Hickman (Fiddle and Harmonica)
Caller: DeLaura Padovan
- Second Saturday Dance Series Details...
- January 10 2015
Band: Callithump with Andrew Marcus (accordian), Glyn Collision (Bouzouki, Guitar & Stomping) and David Knight (Fiddle)
Caller: Rebecca Denison
- Midwinter Ball Details...
- In Janury. See the Midwinter Ball page for details.
- Monday Night English Country Dances Details...
- December 22 2014
Rich Galloway calls to Hot Toddy: Edith Coakley-Stowe (violin), Anna Rain (recorder), and Melissa Running (piano)
- Gentle English Country Dance Series Details...
- “Gentle English" are English country dances from all periods selected to be gentle on the knees, hips, feet, and backs of the dancers. BFMS plans to hold three or four Gentle English dances a year.
January 17 2015
The next Gentle English Dance will be Saturday, January 17, 2015, from 3:00 to 5:30pm.
The caller will be Sharon McKinley, with Carl Friedman , violin, Marty Taylor, recorders and concertina, and Judy Meyers, piano.
- Playford Ball Details...
- In October. See the Playford Ball page for details.
- New Dancer Workshops and Classes Details...
- First Monday of the month
- Fourth at Four StoryFolk Details...
- Tellabration! Details...
- A night of storytelling celebrated world-wide on or about the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Guilds and storytelling enthusiasts all around the globe will share their storytelling talents in concerts held in cities and towns to celebrate the art of storytelling. Locally, TELLABRATION!™ brings together each area’s most celebrated storytellers, to delight, captivate, and mesmerize audiences with their tales.
- Spring Faire Details...
- Music, Dance and more on a Sunday afternoon in April. The BFMS Spring Faire has something for everyone.
- Friendly Coffeehouse Details...
- The Friendly Coffeehouse Open Mike is a BFMS-sponsored event, taking place on Second Fridays each month at 8 pm. It offers a friendly, supportive atmosphere for acoustic musicians, poets, storytellers and other folkies.
- J. Patrick's All-Stars Details...
- A community of musicians, dancers, and listeners who love the traditional music of Ireland.
- Catoctin Weekend Details...
- The Catoctin music and dance weekend getaway gives dancers and musicians of all ages a chance to attend a family-friendly weekend featuring folk music, crafts and dancing in a beautiful mountain setting.
- BFMS Board Meeting
- BFMS board meetings are almost always on the first Tuesday of the month and are open to BFMS members. If you would like to attend, please contact the BFMS President via email. president at bfms.org
These are events that are:
Events produced by another
organization shall not be considered BFMS member-sponsored events.
Exceptions or appeals to this policy will be decided by the Board of BFMS.
BFMS asks that the sponsor promote the Baltimore Folk Music Society at member sponsored events.
If you would like to submit a member-sponsored event for this list, please use our Event Submission form.
- Dickey Mill Contra Dance Details...
Temporarily canceled due to illness. To resume some time in the fall.
- BFMS Open Sing
- Calling all traditional singers, acoustic instrument players, and singer/songwriters. Join us for the BFMS Open Sing, where we can share songs in a welcoming and informal setting. Everyone is invited, regardless of skill level. There will be chorus songs, so even if you aren't comfortable singing in front of a crowd, you can sing along with the crowd.
The Open Sings will take place on the last Thursday of each month, from 7:30-9:30 PM, in the back room at the Wharf Rat, 801 S Ann St, Baltimore, MD 21231 (in Fells Point).
Contact Michael at mqpens at gmail.com for information.
No Events to Display.More member sponsored events
Like to have your Member Sponsored event listed here?
Send the Date, Time, Location, Address, Type of event, Contact Information and Details of the event to events at bfms.org
Please note that Member Sponsored events must meet the criteria outlined above to be listed on this page.
BFMS will be providing a listing of other folk events in the area. Click Here
Sign up here to get our weekly E-mail. Stay up to date on all the latest BFMS news.
Have any ideas, comments or complaints that you would like to convey to the BFMS Board? Just click on the Suggestion Box!
The Baltimore Folk Music Society is funded by an operating grant from the Maryland State Arts Council, an agency dedicated to cultivating a vibrant cultural community where the arts thrive.
See our Events page for a complete listing of events and details.