BFMS Events and Schedules
Please check the individual pages for details!
You can see a Complete list of Events here or follow the links on this page to the individual event pages.
Ever wonder who the band or caller was a few weeks ago?
Check the listing of Past Events to find out.
Saturday, October 03 2015
BFMS Playford Ball
Save the date for the The BFMS 40th Anniversary Ruby Slippers Playford Ball at the Church of the Reedemer. Music by Marty Taylor, Janet Muse, Paul Oorts and Tina Chancy. See the web page for details. Ticket sales are open.
Friday, October 09 2015
Oct 9-11, 2015
2015 marks the 40th Anniversary year for BFMS. A committee is planning a wonderful celebration for all on the second weekend in October.
Traditional American Dances
- Wednesday Night Contra and Square Dances Details...
- Wednesday, September 02 2015
Perry Shafran calls to the Lumber Jackson 5 - Jess Eliot Myhre (clarinet, washboard, vocals), Aaron Olwell (fiddle), Chris Ousley (guitar, banjo, vocals), Anna Roberts-Gevalt (fiddle, banjo), and Alex Lacquement (bass).
- New Dancer Workshops Details...
- Every 2nd and 4th Wednesday
- Family Dance Details...
- Saturday, October 10 2015
Please join BFMS's 40th anniversary celebration. There will not be dancing at St. Mark's on the Hill, but there will be lots of fun things to participate in!
- Second Saturday Dance Series Details...
- Saturday, September 12 2015
This is a FREE dance in celebration of BFMS's 40th anniversary celebration.
Caller: Perry Shafran Band: The Organic Family Band
Michael Raitzyk (guitar)
Jacob & Rebekah Raitzyk (fiddle)
- Midwinter Ball Details...
- In Janury. See the Midwinter Ball page for details.
Traditional English Dances
- Monday Night English Country Dances Details...
- Monday, August 31 2015
Sharon McKinley calls to Tina Chancey (violin, viola da gamba), Karin Loya (cello), and Jonathan Jensen (piano, etc.)
- Gentle English Country Dance Series Details...
- Gentle English" are English country dances from all periods selected to be gentle on the knees, hips, feet, and backs of the dancers. BFMS plans to hold three or four Gentle English dances a year.
Saturday, October 24 2015
Caller, Bob Farrall; musicians, Emily Aubrey (violin), Marty Taylor (concertina and recorders), Judy Meyers (piano).
- Playford Ball Details...
- In October. See the Playford Ball page for details.
- New Dancer Workshops and Classes Details...
- First Monday of the month
Other BFMS Events and Activities
- Fourth at Four StoryFolk Details...
- Sunday, September 27 2015
Storytelling at Towson Unitarian Universalist Church
- Tellabration! Details...
- A night of storytelling celebrated world-wide on or about the Saturday before Thanksgiving. Guilds and storytelling enthusiasts all around the globe will share their storytelling talents in concerts held in cities and towns to celebrate the art of storytelling. Locally, TELLABRATION! brings together each area’s most celebrated storytellers, to delight, captivate, and mesmerize audiences with their tales.
- Friendly Coffeehouse Details...
- The Friendly Coffeehouse Open Mic is a BFMS-sponsored event, taking place on Second Fridays each month at 8 pm. It offers a friendly, supportive atmosphere for acoustic musicians, poets, storytellers and other folkies.
- J. Patrick's All-Stars Details...
- A community of musicians, dancers, and listeners who love the traditional music of Ireland.
- Catoctin Weekend Details...
- The Catoctin music and dance weekend getaway gives dancers and musicians of all ages a chance to attend a family-friendly weekend featuring folk music, crafts and dancing in a beautiful mountain setting.
- BFMS Board Meeting
- BFMS board meetings are almost always on the first Tuesday of the month and are open to BFMS members. If you would like to attend, please contact the BFMS President via email. president at bfms.org
To list a BFMS Event
Send the Date, Time, Location, Address, Type of event, Contact Information and Details of the event to events at bfms.org